Nylon Extruded Type 6/6 is a versatile thermoplastic known for its strength, durability, and machinability, making it an excellent material choice for a wide range of industrial and commercial applications. Nylon has a high strength to weight ratio with outstanding low frictional properties and wear resistance. It also has very good chemical and temperature properties allowing it to be used in many environments that require good chemical resistance and a wide range of temperature demands. Nylon sheets can be a cost effective alternative to metals and other plastics in many applications.
- Impact Resistant: Withstand significant amounts of force.
- Low Friction Coefficient: Exhibits a very low friction surface.
- Chemical Resistance: Very good resistance to a wide range of chemicals, oils, and alkalis.
- Machinability: Can be cut, drilled, and machined without splintering or breaking.
- Lightweight: High strength-to-weight ratio.
- Abrasion Resistance: Excellent for high wear demand environments.
Certifications: Made with resin certified to meet ASTM D6779 & ASTM D4066.Typical product meets ASTM D5989.
Applications: gears, sprockets, bushings, bearings, rollers, wheels, pump parts, sheaves, pulleys, wear plates, manifolds, insulators, machine screws, medical parts, mechanical equipment, and many other applications.
Allow +0 / -1/4" tolerance in width and length.
All four edges are saw cut.
Quantity discounts available!
We offer discounts on our listed prices
with the purchase of 2 or more stock sheets.
2 to 5 - 3% off
6 to 10 - 5% off
11 to 20 - 10% off
21 to 30 - 12% off
31 to 40 - 13% off
41 to 50 - 14% off
51 or more - 15% off
We can also cut to size!
For custom cut to size sheets of Nylon plastic, email
firstname.lastname@example.org for a quote.
When describing the custom size, please include the thickness, width, length and quantity.